My families first cruise!

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Sensation

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 19, 2017

Ship: Carnival Sensation

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: U98

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

My family and I enjoyed the cruise, the kids were a little bored at time so more activities for them would have been nice, but overall a wonderful experience.

Embarkation

We were priority so it was easy - however, we did not get an offer to get a picture when we got on the cruise which would have been nice.

Ship experiences

All of the food was excellent, however the soft drinks that I purchased for my family “Bottomless Bubbles” was not easy to use; we had to stand in lines of people getting alcohol for a soft drink beverage. Perhaps a soda machine that works with your room key so that guests can walk up and get their own drink and do not have to stand in a long alcohol line.

My kids loved the slides and the golfing area.

We enjoyed bingo and the Hasbro games.

There did not seem to be many activities listed in the itinerary for children/parents. We did the build a bear workshop, but would like to have done more activities together, ex. making jewelry, painting a ceramic or pictures, bottle sand, kids bingo with small prizes (most kids love bingo too), etc.

Our room steward was excellent and I was fine giving him a $100 tip. However, I felt that the gratuities for my mother, kids and I were too excessive. I had to pay $55.00 per person and we ate at the buffet and ordered room service most of the time - which I tipped the delivery person myself every time. We only ate in the dining area twice; therefore, I felt that the gratuity was too high especially considering the price of the cruise/room in the first place. Kids should be free or discounted if two parents are already paying.

Ship was much larger than anticipated.

Room was beautiful and we loved the extended balcony! If we ever cruise again will definitely get a suite again (great for a large family).

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

No only arrived for cruise

Key West, Florida

The port was better than expected with the hurricane disaster that took place - we visited the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum and everyone loved it!

We did a lot of shopping and went on a dolphin ride - it was an incredible experience!

Disembarkation