First Cruise

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: February 23, 2017
Ship: Carnival Sensation

My favorite part of the cruise was the excursions as well as the various activities available such as karaoke and comedy. It was an excellent experience as separate activity were provided for the teens so the parents could enjoy some alone time and my daughter enjoyed socializing with her peers. We also did a photoshoot which were professionally done and last but not least our housekeeper took good care of us as there were always fresh towels when we returned. In terms of improvement the food was not so great so we went to fine dining every night. The first night the food was delightful, however the other nights were disappointing. I would recommend leaving certain dishes on the menu which always do well such as calamari and steak which I ordered the first night and no other dish on the menu sufficed. Also more non alcoholic drinks should be offered other than sour lemonade and unsweetened ice tea. Other than the food I would definitely recommend the cruise to others.

The cabin was clean as the housekeeper always cleaned and supplied fresh towels. However, the cabin was dated and we had sewage water deep into the bathroom while we showered on one occasion but the staff responded promptly and quickly resolved the issue.

I would recommend bringing a power strip since there was only one outlet available. I will also suggest bringing a variety of clothing as there is a lot to do on the ship such as clubbing, karaoke and comedy to name a few.