Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Anniversary Cruise

Sail Date: October 24, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Our Cruise on the Carnival Sensation, was one for the record book to say the lease. Some Personal reasons, some not. When we boarded, everything seemed fine. Nausaa was fine, Half moon cay was overly packed due to them canceling all of the excursions due to weather.. But the weather was fine. Then 30 Minutes before getting to Grand Turk. They canceled THAT port due to heavy winds and weather.  I get that, but all we recieved was $15 credit??? Not nearly enough.. I feel they could have tried harder to take us somewhere else and al least let us get off the boat.  Over 48 hours at sea, was really hard.    My husband and I found there wasn't ANYTHING to do on the ship. We are in our early 40's, so we aren't that old. Only a couple shops to shop in, and they weren't open all the time. No other little food stores, just one coffee cafe... so it was the dining room or buffet. We don't gamble so we were really bored, found ourselves back in our cabin everynight by 8pm. not really the way we wanted to spend out 20th Wedding Anniversary

The hallway leaving the pool had a really bad smell.. made us not want to go that way, even though that was the fasted way to our cabin.

The Staff on board was Great!!  Even when I get severly sick on one of the nights and threw up 3 times in the dining room. We didn't find anything wrong with the staff.

Getting off the boat was very chaotic, we were on deck 7 which was the main floor. We never heard them calling deck floors to get off the boat, just that why didn't want us in our cabins after 9am. Since we were already on the floor to get off, we got off. but so wasn't evryone else.  there was no way for us to go back up by the pool to get out of the way. Not very organized.  maybe having it printed out in the stateroom would be faster. giving people times as to when they should get off.

This was my 3rd time on Carnival, and I probably won't be back on the Sensation. I feel its a very outdated ship. I have cruised 3 times on Royal Carribean, but we chose this Ship, because of the ports it was going to. We wanted to go Eastern Carribean. We are tired of Cozimel.

Only getting a $15 credit was not enough done. There should have been more.

Everything in the Cabin was GREAT!!!!

Maybe do the photo's digitally. YYou would save a lot more money! then you could charge $10 for 8x10's and more people would buy pictures. Busch Gardens can do it!! you should be able to as well... It was a shame to see the $$$$ wasted on unpurchased photo's