Our first cruise experience.

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 01, 2016
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Number: M224

We enjoyed the cruise, but the pool on our ship was way too small to actually enjoy. There were way too many people in it, and that was the only pool for kids and adults. It was standing room only, no room to swim at all! We loved the shows on the ship, and love bed the ports we stopped at. I do not recommend the excursions offered by Carnival--wait til you get to port and ask locals about best things to do or places to go. I bought an all inclusive ticket for me and my daughter to go to beach in Costa Maya and it was $75.00 for us to go to beach--all drinks were included, along with beach chairs and transport to and from beach. Service was not good, waited forever to get a drink! Talked to other tourists who traveled before, and they were going to beach for $3.00 each! I was a sucker!!! Food on ship was good. Wasn't a lot of activities for my 16 year old. There were 2 ping pong tables, and 2 sets of corn hole boards, and 9 hole mini golf. There were over 1000 people on ship, so you had to wait to play. My 10 year old enjoyed, but they had activities in Kentucky dd club for her! We will probably cruise again, but not on this ship--Carnival Sensation!

Knew rooms were going to be small, and they were, but rooms were nice.

We bought the drink card for my 10 year old online before we got on ship, so we wouldn't have to stand in long line to do, and still had to stand in long line because they didn't have sticker on her card where we had already purchased. That was aggravating.

We did not get to go to any of the scheduled places because of weather. We were re-routed, and went to Cozumel, and Costa Maya instead. They were great on laces to visit. We were also on ship for extra 36 hours because of weather. I talked to other people who were on different Carnival ships and they got to go extra places we did not get to go. Originally we were to stop 3 places, and we only got to go to 2, and just cruised around those extra days. I would have loved to had another stop. The whole family enjoyed the 2 places we got to visit.