Great destinations / Ship was older, food & entertainment not so great

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 09, 2016
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Number: U162

We really enjoyed the destinations.  However, the ship was older and smaller than others I've been on before.  Too many people for the size of the swimming pool area.  I preferred to hang out near the kids area at the back of the ship.  Also, the food and entertainment wasn't very good.  I preferred the sandwich station to almost all of the meals on the formal dining menu.  I'd also let people know that the "dine anytime" option for dinner can come with a long wait.  Since it seems so convenient, a LOT of people signed up for that and (like any popular restaurant), everyone showed up at once.  We had to wait over 30 mins the first night.  After the first night, it wasn't as bad... I'm guessing a bunch of those people realized that the dinner was sub-par.  We did had really good service from our room steward.