Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Not cruise Carnival Again

Sail Date: April 30, 2016

My name is shawnketrius Tukes and I cruised with my fiance Howard Banks from 4/30-5/05/2016. This was my first time and about his fifth time so his experiences prior to has been amazing. One issue we experienced was having roaches in our room. We called room services and advised them that we had bugs in the room. They did not come until the next day. When we told  them there were bugs in our room they act as if we brought the bugs with us. They did a quote unquote inspection of the room and said they did not find anything(of course they would say that). The next morning when we woke up there were roaches floating around in our drinks. We called again and was advised they would do another inspection and like clock work they didn't find anything. They also told us to take a picture if we see it again. On the third day cruising I saw one getting out of shower crawling on the wall. We took a picture of it on the wall, killed it and put it in the toilet and took a picture. We called immediately afterwards and they sent someone right over. The lady told us that she was coming to make sure everything was ok. We showed her the pcture and she had the audacity to say we should have left it there on the floor so they could see it after we were advised to take a picture. The whole ordeal was unbelievable and disgusting to know that there were bugs in the room and no one seemed to care. We visited Half Moon Cay, Bahamas where we were trying to purchase drinks and the card declined along with other people that was on the island as well. We went back to the ship and the service gratuity chargers were there. We reversed the charges and added money to card. My fiance and I thought everything was taken care at that time. We went back to the island and the card declined a second time. How embarassing and inconveniencing is that and people looking at us as if we came over there broke looking for someone to buy us a drink. By that time I was frustrated and wanted to get back on the ship but my fiance convinced me to stay on the beach. A nice lady bought me a drink while we were on the island. When we got back on the boat we told them the issue and they said they would give us some drink vouchers which they did but we can pay for our drinks. Carnival advertised a shore excursion to Grand Turks which was an all-inclusive private beach. The food did not look like it would pass a health inspection, the drinks were watered down and what you call snorkeling was just put you underwater. It wasn't worth 160 dollars and the experience was horrific. I enjoyed the the entertainment on the ship but my room and shore excursions is something that I do not want to remember. Most of my memories of this cruise are bad memories and something need to be done to prevent someone else from having the same experience that I did.