Bad food, clean ship

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 29, 2016
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Number: U133

This was my first cruise. I absolutely LOVED Grand Turk (we took a taxi to Pillory Beach and it was GORGEOUS)! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Half Moon Cay. We found Nassau to be dirty and not friendly. I wish we would have taken a taxi to the public beach near Atlantis.

Our stateroom was on level Upper. It was kept very very clean, however, it was smaller than my dorm room in college. I had picked the ocean view room so expected something a little larger and nicer.

The he food was very bland. It tasted like nursing home food. No seasonings were used. We ate quite a bit of pizza and chicken tenders and fries. Very big disappointment. Prime rib was fatty, lemon fish had a mushy texture. Expected more seafood. More gourmet selections. I was craving a fettuccini Alfredo meal. Some pasta besides mushy lasagna that was overcooked. Food was really terrible. A roasted turkey and real mashed potatoes would have been welcomed.

Overall, I think this will be my first and last Carnival cruise. The captain made excellent timing. I was never sick. The ship was very outdated but clean. Very few things to do beside comedy club and pool deck. Shows were not very appealing. We did find Percy to be very funny.. Mike's show was awful and embarrassing for him.

I definitely expected better shopping, a smoke free casino area, better food, nicer rooms. My favorite part were the days at port (just not Bahamas). Next time I will book a week at Turks and Caicos.