Disappointed with Carnival

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 04, 2015
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Number: E215

Out of all of the cruises I've had with Carnival this was the first time I was disappointed. When my cruise was booked I didn't know a new rule was in effect where you weren't allowed to bring any beverages on the cruises anymore unless they were already in your luggage. I didn't find out until I was at security check and the security guard threw my plastic bottles of soda and water in a bin and told me about the new rule of "no plastic." Also, when I was in Freeport, I bought a 6 pack of aluminum cans of the local soda to take back with me, thinking aluminum would be okay since it's not plastic and cannot be tampered with. When I was getting back on the ship I was told no beverages were allowed whether in plastic, glass or aluminum. The security guard opened each can and poured out my soda in the trash. I even asked couldn't they check my soda into the holding place where alcoholic beverages were being kept, but was told no exceptions. I've always brought back cans of the local soda and now I cannot because of a new rule. What's even more disappointing is I was told the new rule was in the documentation, however, it would've been nice if I was informed of the new rule before confirming my reservation and having my products thrown away. There wasn't much entertainment the first two nights of the cruise and when they did have shows they weren't as good as what I've experienced in the past. The people who waited on us in the shops, dining areas and dinner were excellent too. I'm mainly disappointed about the no beverage rule. There should be some type of exception to at least allow aluminum or glass, but have them checked and delivered directly to the cabin considering it costs double money to buy those items on the ship. I believe the local soda could've been checked and kept until the cruise was done. Please take this into consideration and re-evaluate the new rule of no beverages. These types of changes will begin to have falling ratings for Carnival. Thank you

The food was good, but not always hot.

The guy who cleaned our cabin was excellent! He did a great job and was very friendly.

Our cabin was in great condition and clean.

Bring an extra extension cord and/or surge plug. If you bring water or soda then pack in your luggage and don't carry in carry on items or security will throw them away.