Good time, but smoking indoors is bothersome

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 02, 2015
Ship: Carnival Sensation

• Room attendants were very polite and professional.

• Karaoke: (Michelangelo) sound system was too low, could not hear performers nor music very well.   Generally very boring. No screens facing audience to follow along with singer.

• DJ. (Kaleidoscope)  Room was excessively loud.  Such that my body would shake from the volume.  Same DJ played on deck by pool and did accommodate passenger’s requests for songs. So DJ was very good, just that volume on deck in open area was more appropriate than that in an enclosed room which was ear splitting.

• Ecstasy dining was very good. Staff was very attentive and performances were good.

• Seaview food was hit and miss. I guess that is to be expected from a buffet.

• Events at the Fantasia lounge were very good and entertaining.

• Smoking: archaic rules governing smoking.  Smoking indoors?  I can understand outside but inside, especially open rooms is offensive.  I could easily see myself playing blackjack but since so much smoke was in the casino area I would only walk through and not spend time there. However, certainly no lack of gamblers/smokers in that area.

• A band played numerous times by the Mirage bar, but this is a poor location to have a band play. The area in front of the band is a passageway with passengers moving back and forth constantly, so effectively has no dance area as much as the music was very good for dancing. The fact that it faces a bar with numerous patrons smoking also meant I had to sit near the band by the seawall.

• Overall had a very good time

• Food and Dining