Mediocore experience

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 31, 2015
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Number: E103

It's been several years since I've been on a cruise, but I've always cruised with Carnival.  The next time I go, I'll book my cruise directly through Carnival and will make my own airline reservations.  Both flights, including layovers provided seated where my wife and I were not able to sit next to each other.  She was on one isle and I was on another...or we both sat in a three seat section only to be separated by another individual sitting between us.  I tried to book an excursion for a glass bottom boat ride.  I went on the Carnival website site and attempted to book it, but was denied.  I called Carnival and the agent told me I had to go through since that was my booking agent.  I called and was told I needed to go through Carnival.  After several calls and more than 2 hours on the phone, I was able to book the excursion through .

The cruise itself was adequate.  I'm 54 years old and found the entertainment...music wise...more geared for the younger crowd.  I don't usually listen to country music, but my wife does.  There were no clubs or entertainment that played any country music.

There was a couple of Carnival employees that provided live music, mostly around the bar at the casino.  The guy was black and girl was white.  I wish I could recall their names, but they were both awesome.  He could sing anything!  She was equally as talented.  They sang 80s, 90's and more current songs.  They were the highlight of our cruise on board.

The cruise director was not very good.  I've had the pleasure of cruising with some incredible cruise directors who were very talented...in terms of humor, personality and even musical talents.  Ours was a British national and his jokes were lukewarm.  It didn't seem that there were as many shows provided in the main showroom, as what I've previously experienced.

There were several comedians on board.  Mr Little was excellent and the others were good as well.

The food was good as always.  Quality, quantity were consistent with previous experiences.

The waiters/servers were not as informative about dining room etiquette.  Previous cruises, I enjoyed the formality of the dining room experiences.

The service people in the dining room, laundry, housekeeping, lounges and bars were wonderful.  These folks really make your experience memorable.

For example: Enjoy a sunset from the sports deck!