Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Hairs in the food!

Sail Date: March 01, 2015

We took a cruise to the Bahamas and on day two we found a hair on a piece of cake that we were about to eat. Yes that is gross, and I thought that rare occurrences happen.  On the last night of our cruise we were seated at a different area than the prior two nights and as luck would have it I had to pull a thick nasty shaved pube hair looking hair out of my mouth as I was eating mushroom soup. That is 2 hairs in 3 days. Quite the bad coincidence. My theory is that the waitstaff have come to expect tip above and beyond what the Carnival company adds to your expense sheet. I suspect that carnival uses the gratuity money to pay their waitstaff minimum wages thus no tip for the waitstaff unless it is cash and on top of the mandatory tip. Anyhow, perhaps that breeds malcontent among the waitstaff. The food was plain and not so great,  we caught a bad cold perhaps from the dank nasty air piped into our cabin, the comedian had no jokes he just talked to the crowd and none of the conversation was remotely funny.  Everyone was just nervous because he had a microphone. Well carnival offered me a chocolate or some free wine on my next cruise. I doubt that there will be a next cruise with that company. It was a terrible waste of money and carnival will not refund one penny. Once they have your money they hold on tightly to it. Customer service was great at sending form letters, "sorry for whatever your problem was...."  But will do absolutely nothing for you. Never again Carnival.

Hairs in food
Bad air made us Ill
Hardly could call them entertainers.