Carnival Sentation - Bahamas

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 02, 2015

I'll start off by saying that we had very low expectations due to a previous Carnival cruise.  We thought it would be about the same.  The original plan was to stay in our room on the balcony and enjoy the water.  It was still Spring Break and figured there would be drunks all around us.  However, when boarding, we noticed lots of families!  (much better than college drunks)   Our cabin was adequate (a bit small for a balcony room) but it had tons of storage unlike a previous cruise.  Therefore, this would be a nice ship for a longer cruise.  The food was good.  The service was impeccable.  The entertainment was good.  We saw the comedian (last name Little) and we saw the young man performing at the mid-ship bar.  He was pretty amazing.  We were at the very back of the ship on Empressa.  One flight up was Serenity.  One flight up after that was the buffet.  Needless to say, we didn't stray too much from that area.  We did go to the main dining room twice.  It was good.  The wait staff was pleasant.  The ship is a bit old.  Not sure when it will be retired.

The equivalent of a chain restaurant

Didn't participate in any.

We only caught 2 performers (twice for both) but they were both very good.

No kids.

Always nice.

I'm sure it's looking forward to retirement

Adequate

Bring a hair dryer. I was surprised they didn't have any. But I guess I could have asked my cabin steward.

Closest to Orlando.
If you want about 1/2 a mile down Bay Street, you'll get to Junkaroo Beach. Local vendors and local beach.