Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Had a great Time

Sail Date: March 29, 2015

Just returned from a 4 night cruise to Freeport and Nassau. The weather was perfect. My wife and I bought the "faster to the fun" option (around $50 for both) that was WELL worth the investment. We stayed at the Radisson Port Canaveral with the Cruise and Park Package. (again well worth it). They shuttled us to the Ship and we waited about 30min before we boarded. We were in a deck chair with a drink within 1.5 hours of leaving the hotel! The waitstaff is a tad pushy when it comes to selling you alcohol but id did settle down a bit as the cruise went on. You MUST book a day excursion when going to Freeport if you want to get off the ship. Do this in advance of leaving on the Carnival web site and your tickets will be delivered to your room. If you just walk off the ship there is only a small touristy area that will take about 15min to see. You CAN take a cab to the beach or somewhere but that may be a little risky. We took the Island Tour. Not too bad for what the place is. Keep in mind that the cruise lines are he MAIN means of support for the locals so lots of the stuff to buy is typical hats,bags, coconut monkey stuff. Keep an open mind and just enjoy the one your with. Enjoy the good and laugh at the bad. Back on the ship at 4pm and taking off by 5:30pm. All the set down dinners were good. Do the "anytime" seating (5:45 - 9pm) and you won't have to stress out about getting ready for your dinner time. The food is the same. Arrived in Nassau about 7am. Get up and watch the sunrise, you have the rest of your life to sleep. Breakfasts were very good. Coffee....not so great if you don't like it STRONG! I loved it! We did the Discover Atlantis excursion. If you get up early you can get off the hip and go into town past the harassing rude tour sales people(ignore them) and see the town a little before you go back to the pavilion located just as you get off the ship to start your tour. Plan on walking A LOT!  Wear good shoes NOT flip-flops. Had a great time. The tour guide was informative and the Hotel is outrageous. You get a couple hours at the end to look around by yourselves. Go to the beach. Back on the ship by 5pm and out of the harbor by 7pm. Our room was what we expected.(inside cabin Bclass) We spent little time in there so we didn't worry about it too much. Went to (and participated in) a few shows, piano bar lady was a riot, even threw some $$ away at Bingo just for grins. Didn't gamble at all so I can't say anything other than the casino was much bigger than I expected and didn't seem to be filled up at all. When we returned to port we were off the ship at 7:30am (took our own luggage) and on the beach at Jetty Point by 8:40am. REALLY!  Faster To The Fun worked again! If you have never taken this cruise I would do it. Would I repeat it? Nope, I don't watch movies twice either.

I did notice that the people with small children were NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME!    Don't do it. Wait until they can do things by themselves! The "over 21 section at the back of the ships a nice place to get away from the screaming and loud music.

Older ship but clean and functional.
never had a bad meal
Always willing to help out with a smile. Tip them accordingly
These folks worked their butts off.
Children's Programs No kids but I heard some good things.
Lots of things. I don't know what else they could offer?
It was good for what it was. You MUST take the excursions!
Port Canaveral, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Must go on Excursion
Must go on excursion

Your Excursions in Nassau meet at the place where you just got off the ship. Do NOT go into the town and ask where your excursion meets. The excursion people do NOT show up until 15min before your trip leaves so don't panic. Look for people holding up signs.