Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: March 22, 2015

This was my first cruise, I'm glad we went and we had fun, but will not likely do again. Our room was nice. We got an ocean view and it was bigger than I expected.  Very clean. The staff was all great, especially the wait staff in the main dining room. The food was average but definitely plentiful. We didn't do any sponsored excursions but struck out on our own and had a good time of it. We had a wonderful couples massage until it was over, then they try to get you to spend $119 for 2 small bottles of oil, we said no thanks and they became curt and not so warm and friendly. Gratuities are automatically taken which I disagree with. The cost of the massage was more than enough, and I would not have tipped on this.  Gratuities are automatically withdrawn as a daily added charge per person and I prefer to tip on my own according to service given.  We thought this would be a less expensive vacation and we were wrong. We looked at several resorts and figured we would save with a cruise. Not so, after all the little fees got tacked on we spent about the same as it was to book a full week at an all inclusive 4 star resort.

Cruise Photos

Staff great, food quality average. Would have been nice to have been able to get a nice filet without paying an addituonal $20
Comedy shows one of the best part so the cruise!
Children's Programs N/A
Freeport ok, Nassau is awesome!!
Very clean, staff very attentive!
Port Canaveral, Florida
We had the cruisline handle our flight details, were perfect going into Fla and to boat, however coming home was awful. We also did cruisline transfers and wound up at the airport for 7 hours prior to our flight home, wish we'd handled our own and rented a car.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island