Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nice Staff with Good Ports of Call

Sail Date: March 08, 2015

My boyfriend and I took this cruise to celebrate his birthday. It was his first cruise so I was really excited to give him a great experience. Our cabin was decorated with birthday signs, streamers and a chocolate cake as soon as we walked inside! (I had ordered the birthday celebration package just the night before.) The staff was friendly and the cabin steward knew that it was his birthday when he introduced himself to us which I thought was a great touch! Our stateroom was roomy and always clean. Room service was great. This is an older and smaller ship than I was used to , but it still had all the great features that I associate with "The Fun Ships" The club was awesome with a great DJ and the drinks were so good at every bar! I wish there were more pool areas on this ship and the Freeport was a little dull to me, but I guess if all you want to do is go to the beach it's fine. The cruise director on this ship was too cheesy and the shows left much to be desired. Other than that great cruise for a first time cruiser (decent cruise for someone more experienced.)

Cruise Photos

Smaller and older ship. Not as many pool areas.
Dining room food was very "hit or miss" Only served a few good meals. Buffet food was better.
Randall our Cabin Steward was so fun & friendly!
The Magician was very mediocre. The cruise director wasn't funny and was a little cheesy. We didn't go to many shows.
Great view!

Make sure you have a plan for your day at your ports of call (if you don't purchase a shore excursion). You don't have much time so pick one or two things to do and stick with them. I'd recommend the beach in Freeport and shopping/sightseeing in Nassau.