Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean

Poor Man's Cruise

Sail Date: June 01, 2014

Just coming back from this cruise\, it's still fresh in my mind. I will try to be descript so you know what you're getting prior to booking. Just realize that when you book\, you are paying for your very small room aboard this ship\, sights & food included; but there is so much more to the cruise that will cost you extra. Photo opprtunities several times a day at dining & other posing opportunities which will cost you only $25 per 8x10. The spa is overpriced & expensive.The excursions are expensive onboard. So check with yout booking agency for on-board spending or excursion credits for booking with them. There is plenty of entertainment on-board. You can read my comment in that category as it speaks for itself. I have cruised before & do not reccommend this cruise to anyone.

Pros: Sights\, Ocean\, Food

Cons: Entertainment

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

The ship was very beautiful\, with extravagant balconies\, lavish elevators\, lights everywhere. Atmosphere was lovely.
Dinning was good in the main restaurants and at the Taste Bar. The buffet\, the shops (pizza & deli)\, & room service had substandard food. It was always warm (not hot) & lots of times stale. Beverage selections were very poor\, & the water option was downright disgusting! Highly recommended that you bring 24 pk of water bottles with you. Sodas were extra & so was alcohol for a mere $9 per drink. What a deal!
When booking for the cruise\, we tried to obtain a room that was adequate to meet our disability needs. We were told no hnadicap rooms were available. We were told to book whatever was available & that once booked\, Carnival could look at room assignments & make changes to accomodate our disability better. Every day we called to make this change effective\, & we got no resolution. When checking in for the cruise\, we asked again for disabled accomodations\, only to be told to wait until the boat left port & to check with Guest Services at 5-6 pm. We did as asked\, & when we came back\, we were told that we could not be accomodated any better. The wheelchair didn't fit through the door and upon every entry/exit to the room\, we had issues trying to walk through as well as fitting the wheelchair in the room. Our needs weren't met on this cruise. Not one went out of their way to help us. The bunkbed statesroom has a weight limit of 250 lbs\, which also did not accommodate our needs.
The staff were all pretty unenthusiastic. They had cold smiles & my husband & I even witnessed a staff member berate another in the dinning room. How unprofessional!
The entertainment was poor in my opinion. One comedian (Percy Crews) in particular made every comedy show we watched an unpleasant experience. His entire act was racist poking fun at other ethnicities particularly whites. While poking fun of whites he was happy to state how much better the black race is. In effort to keep the complaints to a minimum\, he was sure to mention\, these are just jokes. I felt very uncomfortable in the show. I wanted to walk out\, however I could not as it would make me look offended to the fellow cruisers of all other ethnicities. The other comedian on the cruise (Michael Macy) was fabulous. While his language was a little colorful\, he did not make ethnic jokes. I was not offended by his comedy. The cruise director Wee Jimmy was also quite funny\, but did not take it to the extreme that Crews did.