Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Much Cooler than expected

Sail Date: August 01, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

It was our first cruise experience ever. It was short though. Staff was excellent\, especially service team and room cleaning. They made cool shapes using towels all the time. I was not aware tip charge top of my own tips. Room size was small for 4 but it was OK. I can complain about bumping our heads to the flip beds in the room.
Would be nice to have bigger pool but I know it is hard to change. Everything was perfect except the hair in my wife's plate at Ecstasy dinning room. Managers apologized. They all sung for us. Would be nice to have free drink at Casino. Blondy Eastern European lady at Casino and Turkish Service Manager at restaurants both were awesome helper and nice. I strongly recommend this!

Pros: Staff

Cons: Hidden cost and pool size

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

Big enough for us. Very clean. Vertical accessibility was perfect except a little wait for elevator. We had difficulty to pass from rear to front side of the ship and would advise better sign and direction. We could have got stuck in case of emergency. My daughter couldn't found us for several minutes during the briefing. Awesome decor would catch you when you enter the ship.
Food quality was very good. Even had sub and pizza options. There was little line for dinning rooms. Everyday different cultural foods were amazing idea. Mediterranean selection should have been an option though. May be at longer cruises. I loved having breakfast at the back deck with sea birds.
All others were sold out so We had to buy interior room. Size was not big enough for 4. Flip beds was not high enough so that we bumped a few times\, and kids cried but no injury. Our room was cleaned every single day. Staff well deserved their tips. Kids loved their hearts and animal shapes out of towels everyday.
One word: Awesome!
From casino to restaurants\, to room cleaners and bar tenders.
there was plenty of activities. We love the dances and strip competition. Piano bar deserve better attention. He played Johnny Cash songs for us.
My little one desperately wanted to again and again. They were nice. The only two things are 1.)Timing was early so that we had to pay extra after 10 PM which is the most needed. 2.)As 5.5 years old\, she was more interested in older group but not allowed. She got stuck between crying little ones in 2-5 group. Still had so much fun though.