Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First Carnival Cruise...

Sail Date: October 01, 2013

Please see my individual comments.

Pros: Room steward

Cons: Food quality\, service\, ship layout

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

Entertainment was average but the pooside activities during the day were pretty much nonexistent.
My room steward was great. The poolside bar staff was good as well as the reception/hostess desks in the dining room. The dining room service was poor and the first and last nights were the worst. The last night of the cruise I actually had to go speak to the hostess again to see if anyone was working at my table since I had been sitting there for 20 minutes and nobody had come by the table yet.
My ocean view stateroom was clean and the room steward was very helpful. The only downside was the stateroom location....R248\, which during docking\, vibrated for the maneuvering of the ship\, and the sounds of the mooring lines and people mooring the ship.
The convenience of the dining time (YourTime Dining) was nice. I feel that it hampered the ability to receive good service though. The food on the first night was not good at all. The service was terrible except for one night. Food quality at the lunch/breakfast buffets were average. The first night's dinner I had a chicken dish that we dry\, and was nearly dyed green all the way through the piece of chicken. The lasagna was pretty much just a pile of ground beef with some tomato sauce with a layer of cheese on top.
The ship size was good as was the overall condition of the ship for being an older ship. The layout wasn't the best with having to go up/down different levels to get to different points located forward/aft. Was a little annoying but certainly the least of the problems that I experienced.