Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Sensation, Great Family Cruise

Sail Date: December 30, 2014

Our family of 6 cruised on the Carnival Sensation on December 30th for 5 nights.  We were pleasantly surprised that we had an amazing cruise.  I had only cruised on Royal Carribbean in the past and had heard that Carnival cruises tended to be a bit on the low end.  Not at all.  The ship was very clean although on the older side.  The common bathrooms must have been redone recently because they were very nice.  My two daughters and myself were in one cabin and on a couple of occasions two of us took showers in the exercise/spa area so we could get ready at the same time.  Plenty of room and towels in there.  The food in the dining room was really good.  The staff called you by name every night even though we had my time dining and did not have the same wait staff every night...pretty impressive!  The buffet was even pretty good.  Toward the back they had made to order deli sandwiches and made to order pizza which was very good.  The cruise was a last minute idea as a Christmas gift for my family. I didn't booked until November for Christmas week .  I cheaped out and booked inside cabins.  Three of us in each cabin.  I had my doubts and thought we would be on top of one another, but we were able to put all of our clothes  away, there are plenty of shelves in the closet and hanging areas.  It was definitely a bit cozy but you are really not in the room much.  Our room was pretty far from the main areas, but that was fine.  It was nice and quiet, and the walk to and from the room let you feel like you were at least working off some of  the calories that were being consumed!

The Serenity Deck was very nice..a bit difficult to find, go to the back of the boat on the Lido deck (Where the pizza and deli are) go outside the door and down the steps.

I really enjoyed sitting outside to eat lunch.  There is a large seating area in the back of the buffet area that you can't really see from inside.

Plenty of room to put away your clothes large closet with shelves, much bigger than the Royal Carribbean Cruise I was on.
Waitstaff in dining room fantastic and the bartenders worked their butts off, we were their New years eve so it was very busy
Funny comedians, Dancing and singing shows I find cheesy, but if you are into that thing they had a variety of shows
Port Canaveral, Florida
very easy port to leave from. No lines and well organized
Key West, Florida
Cute town great architecture lots to see
town, not great but nice snorkeling from excursions
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
nothing in freeport unless you cab to other side of island, book some sort of excursion or stay onboard