Too Short

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Second Mate

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 04, 2014
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Number: E179

This was just a quick get-a-way before school started.  This is a beautiful ship.  Very nice and clean and the staff was very friendly.  They had lots of shore excursions to choose from. The food was just so-so but we were offered something else to eat to replace it.

Too many comedy shows and just one variety show.  I can't take any more cruise comedy shows but the variety show was awesome.  Too bad the dancers/singers aren't utilized more by adding another show for them.

The food choices were ok but not great.  You could make another selection  if you didn't like your first choice.  They use to offer pasta as a back-up if you couldn't find something you liked, would like to see that again.

The safety drill was RIDICULOUS!  We were led out to the deck next to the swimming pool for ours.  After the drill, an announcement was made that no one was to leave the area and called specific numbers out.  If you were one of those numbers, you came out from inside the ship and were led out to the outer deck by the lifeboats. We were expected to stand through their orientation after already standing around for 45 minutes.  I have a herniated disc and my daughter has nerve damage in one leg and after awhile, we were in so much pain, we had to go find someone and tell them we had to sit down.  We still had to sit through their entire drill so the entire process ended up lasting a little over an hour.  I have never seen/experienced anything like this before and would hesitate going on this ship again unless I found out this was a not a normal occurrence.  Thank goodness I brought muscle relaxants with me because it really messed up my back and I was in pain the entire cruise.

Not much of a vegatarian selection.

Not much going on at night.

Too much comedy but great variety show.

Good selection of things to do.

The woman in the candy shop was super friendly.

Very nice looking and very clean.

Nice and clean.

Be careful what you buy. My grandson bought a wooden ship and it was considered a weapon and was kept until the morning of the last day.

Lots of things to do if you have the time.
Remodeling so our favorite shops were closed.