Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The best cruise for the young ones.

Sail Date: December 14, 2014

I'm Platinum with Carnival and quite familiar with the Sensation having cruised on her twice before. I'm also over 65 and am still involved with exceptional foster children who have behavior issues. So when I saw the low price being offered before Christmas had to book it even though it required court orders to take them out of country. So glad I did. When I explained the level of care required for my eight year old the staff handed me a phone for emergencies and cheerfully gave my little girl the best time of her life. She got up each day eager to go play and had none of the anxieties that are usually associated with group play. The important difference between Camp Carnival and the cruise we took the kids on last March is the extended hours. With Carnival you don't have to spend your cruise clock watching, waiting to drop off and pick up several times a day. They took them in the morning and it was our choice when to get them except for a couple of closures around five PM to prepare for night. So don't let the ship being older and smaller than some of the others in the fleet bother you. The Fantasy class is just big enough to have everything your little ones need to have a great time with no waiting in long lines to use the pool or golf or whirlpools.

Showing it's age but updated with Serenity Deck and Water Park.
Lobsters great Barbeque ribs fall right off the bone..
Cladius our room steward in Main 248 exception since we had 3 kids in room and had to work around them; Mate from Croatia on Lido always right there. Our Time dining staff Katherine literally had the kids dancing in aisle with her. She catered to them, even cutting the prime rib in small pieces for the little one.
The kids in the Christmas show were hysterical. Matzio the comedian had everyone laughing non stop since the jokes kept going and going and going.
They handled my three so we only saw them in passing. Every day was a new project, a new theme. 5 stars across the board for them.
We're older so mostly relaxed. Missed the major show because of Carnival Live.
The Bahamas are the Bahamas, wished we could have done private island but again had Carnival Live going on.
We wanted to bring all three kids and got the cabin that fit the cot. It was like camping out beds everywhere but if you get a system for getting everyone up and out it is doable.
Port Canaveral, Florida
so much easier than Miami. My favorite port.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island Stayed on board because of the phone to Camp Carnival.
Carnival Live Concert Didn't attend
Nassau, Bahamas I'm not really a big fan of Nassau, feel like been there done that.

Don't miss out on the Serenity deck because you have to get there through a lounge. Not as big as the other ships but just as comfortable.