Cruise was great, but... worst TA ever!

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

4 Night Bahamas With Carnival Live (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 21, 2014
Ship: Carnival Sensation

Never before posted a complaint re. a Travel Agency...

Anyone else have problems with cruises as a Travel agency?

First time I used them for cruise booking...NEVER AGAIN!

Problems encountered:

-Sales person promised On Board Credit, which is why I used them:(

-Poor or no response time. Original sales person-never returning calls! :((

-Last minute removal of on board credits!   When on board, I checked for the OBC--which was no where to be found!  And Back to back cruises.!  So basically double the "bait and switch" promises unfulfilled!

-Don't even think of getting a return call from your Voice mail message.  I should have known via the  out of date outgoing message left by them.

-I spent probably 2 hours of wasted cruise-vacation, on hold, along with the ships Customer Service Supervisor, just to hear , "Sorry nothing cruises, aka could do.

Certainly we're not rookies at this, which is why I check as soon as get onboard for "promised" OBC.

This has happened before with other TA's and normally fixed quickly!

Sure mistakes do happen.

An add on "service fee" for both cruises was not discussed at time of sale.

After I returned from a great cruise, I called again, and, of course, no response...

They have lost a repeat customer,  3 cruises per year... and gained my warnings for other would be cruisers..

It's the last time I move from either booking direct with the line or a proven travel agent.

Anyway...A travel agent is judged by how well they take care of problems and follow through on what was promised.

Buyer beware with !

Mike

The band Music Society GREAT!

Customer Service helping me deal with travel agents.