Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Anole was awesome!

Sail Date: August 21, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I'm not sure if I am spelling it correctly, but our room steward, Anole, provided the best service I have ever had.  He remembered my name and was always around to see if we needed anything. Every morning and night he cleaned our room and made our beds. The kids loved coming in from dinner to towel animals and chocolates.

Now, I never expected perfection, because the cruise was not an accustomed environment. I just expected my children and I to have a good time and we did.  The first night, dinner took about 2 hours because it took a long time for our food to reach our table. Our server, Vingy, was very friendly and attentive to the kids, but I don't think he cared how long the food took to reach the table. So, the second night we expected the same thing and prepared ourselves.  However, Sabastian surprised us. He brought the food out so quickly and provided us with condiments and things without us having to ask. Dinner didn't take more than 1 hour. Not to mention, he got our food orders right. The 1st night, we did not receive our food how we ordered it.  The 3rd night was better than the 1st, we got our food fast, and it was the way we ordered it.

What I didn't like was that the smoking policy was not completely followed and enforced. Some people were smoking in areas that they were not supposed to and that made me uncomfortable. I have asthma and wish smokers would be considerate of non smokers. Most importantly, I expected Carnival to enforce their smoking policy.

Overall, the food was good and the service was better. We had a great time!

Didn't like all of the locals hanging around the port. I felt unsafe.