Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Spend more with someone else before going with this company

Sail Date: August 03, 2014

My experience started when registering my pregnant wife. She was having complication and needed medication. I registered her as pregnant. Upon arriving at the ship he passport did not scan. We went to the speak with someone and they said she could not sail. Funny because their website only says those who are 24 weeks pregnant can't sail. No worries they said, do you have a note? Yes we do because she has medication and needs needles to inject so we got a note. Alright they let us on. We go the cheers drink package (both parties in a cabin must purchase), clearly they don't mean my pregnant wife! We gave them our note stating she was pregnant. They stated it wasn't good enough and her not must state that she "can not consume alcohol". That's a first, promoting drinking to pregnant women. So I clearly did not give them our money. Long story short, we got stranded on their "private island". Which is a joke. Buckets of beer on this "private island" which hey share with sandals, are $42 and hamburgers are $15. I guest while they have you confined to an island, they go ahead and rape you, oh yeah that cheers package which gives you "X" amount of drinks per day (my brothers got it), was not valid on their "private island" so your forced to pay for drinks. We got stranded on this island because the ship to took us there broke down and we were unable to get back until after 4:40. So no shopping on our only day in Nassau. They refused to do anything about it.

My brothers room had a backed up sewer line and they didn't offer him anything for his room smelling like "human excrement" for 4 straight days.  Even after requesting a room change.

This ship bleeds you. They may be cheaper but it's worth it to spend a little more with someone like Royal. I will always go back to them because they actually care. Carnival DOES NOT.

Port Canaveral, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Don't go on Private Island. It's not "private", they over charge you because they can and all you do is either pet a sting ray, look at a dolphin or swim on a beach. Not worth $60 that they charge just to get you there.

AVOID THIS CRUISE LINER... unless you don't care about spending money then enjoy :)