The boat stinks (literally and figuratively)
Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas
Sail Date: June 19, 2014
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Type: Oceanview
Traveled As: Large Group
Reviewed: 3 years ago
Just returned from a 3 night cruise with a group of 10 other adults. In the past two years I have also done 3 night cruises on Disney and Royal Caribbean out of Port Canaveral to the Bahamas.
1. The food was mostly pretty decent. Definitely not as good as Disney, but it was just as good as Royal Caribbean if not better.
2. The drinks were plentiful and not too expensive. If you are looking to party, you will have no trouble there.
3. The staff was very nice.
4. The seaday brunch was great.
5. The casino was nice as well.
1. The ship was very small and also seemed dated.
2. The water had a very strong, gross taste. You are pretty much forced to drink bottled water.
3. People smoked everywhere, and the staff did nothing about it. The whole inside of the boat smelled like cigarettes. If you are sensitive to smoke, you should definitely not do this cruise.
4. There were several plumbing issues on the R deck. One of these resulted in the hallway outside our room smelling like a toilet for the last full day of the cruise.
5. Getting off the boat on the last day was by far the worst disembarkation process that I have ever been a part of. We were forced to line up in a hot hallway. The continued to call more sections to join the line while the line was already insanely long. We were supposed to be off the boat before 9 AM, but it was closer to 10 AM.
Would most likely not try Carnival again, or at least I would certainly not go on this boat again. It would be better to save up for another Disney cruise.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Just drink and/or gamble a lot. That's pretty much all you can do.