Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Proceed with caution

Sail Date: May 25, 2014

This was our first cruise and overall it was a good one.  BUT....After we boarded the 1st day, we booked a massage for my fiance & me as it was on sale and it sounded like a good deal.  While the massage itself was very nice & relaxing, what followed it ultimately all but ruined our vacation.  In a nutshell, they tried to sell us extremely expensive products that were not complimentary to the massage.  I asked my masseuse if they were included in the massage and she said no, at which point I said that in that case I didn't want them.  She handed me a bag with three items and tried billing me for them anyway.  I asked her to return the items as I didn't want them.  She then returned two and tried to make me buy the 3rd item (a jar of sea salt scrub for $58!) and I then insisted that no I didn't want it & made her return it as well.  She was clearly not pleased.  My fiance's masseuse never explained to him that the product was not complimentary, so he unwittingly paid $240 on top of the massage itself and was under the impression that was the total for both product *and* massage.  We only figured that out upon checking our Sail & Sign account, at which point we immediately returned the products.  All of the above caused a series of billing errors to our Sail & Sign account which then caused an overdraft on my Visa check card.  I was not aware of the overdraft until we got off the boat in Nassau and tried to withdraw money from an atm & the transaction was denied, which then of course ruined our entire day on the island as we had to get back on the boat.  We had been told we wouldn't have to pay anything until the end of the cruise, so I truly do not appreciate that our funds were compromised during the course of the trip.  Eventually, all of our charges were worked out, but by that time we were heading back to Port Canaveral.  We didn't get off the boat in Freeport because we thought we were going to get to do things in Nassau the next day, which obviously didn't happen.  So basically, we didn't get to go anywhere or do anything and it put a huge damper on our entire vacation.  Everything else on the cruise was excellent, but I can't help feeling like we got the short end of the stick.  I would recommend this cruise, but be cautious of their spa services.

I liked the kid-free zone, but there isn't a pool in it, just jacuzzis. So if you want to swim you have to do so in the main area.
We did not get to experience the destinations or the excursions. :(

Take your appetite!! Food was superb.
Avoid the spa.
Check out as early as possible the last day. Disembarking was a bear.