First Time Cruise

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 23, 2014
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Number: E99

For a first time cruise, this was probably a good one, but I have nothing to compare it to other than what other experienced cruisers have told me.  I had a good time.  The food was ok and definitely plentiful.  The boat was nice but dated.  There were fun things to do on the boat.  I was mainly disappointed in the excursion help on the boat...well, help may be the wrong word.  I found James from South Africa to be in need of PR training.  He was starchy and pushy, wanting us to book quickly because the excursions "fill up fast."  True, that happens, but he was also misleading in what was offered on the first excursion we wanted to go on.  We were interested in snorkling.  He sent us to a beach where he said we could catch a boat to go out further into the water to coral reefs.  We got to the beach to find out that wasn't true.  However, our room steward made up for the rude treatment.  Habibii was very kind, always called us by name, and kept our room nice and neat.  I slept peacefully EVERY night and woke up refreshed, which I hardly ever feel at home. That was the best part of the vacation. I would not go back to the Bahamas.  The islands were not the tropical paradise I was hoping to see.  The people were kind, and the water was beautiful, but I was thankful for home and disappointed at the accessibility of the beaches.  The islands were party places.  Overall, my advice to other first time cruisers would be to do your research.  You just might find that another cruiseline fits your needs better.

There are different selections and lots of food, but it is overly good.

I loved the trivia. The other activities were ok. I don't like off-color humor or sexually oriented activities in a family setting. I was taken aback with the way the "hairy chest" contest was run. The comment from the staff was it's ok for the judging women to "touch" the guy they didn't know. When the first contestant didn't act "sexual" enough, the staff pushed it further. Really? Is that the type of world we live in?

Our kids participated in the teen activities and had a blast.

Other than James, the staff was very kind and helpful.

It is dated but clean.

I enjoyed having a balcony and our room was clean and cozy.

Go to the Fantasy dining room for breakfast. Get a room with a balcony. Eat the chicken strips and fries! YUM!

Easy to get around and the people were very helpful.
Very helpful people.