Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good, but not for me

Sail Date: March 16, 2014

Was good, but wouldn't do it again. Ship was small and hit every wave. Got "a touch" of sea sickness. Water was very choppy which wasn't the ships fault, but felt if the ship was bigger, would have been a more smoother ride.  For dinner service, passengers were assigned to eat from only one out of the 2 main dining rooms. No restaurants on board. The lunch buffet at Seaview Grill closed too early in the afternoon and never remained open for dinner (as an alternative to the main dining room). Could only get pizza or cold subs after the buffet closed until the next day in the afternoon. Couldn't buy an alcohol package. Would have liked to stay at Nassau a little longer than 4:30p to partake in some of the island's evening festivities. The staff on board were very nice and offered excellent customer service. Entertainment was okay, some shows were better than others. They only offered Laser tag during the day when the ship was ported. Why would I stay on the ship to play Laser tag when I can explore the island and only have 8 hours to do so? Had two comedians: one was really funny, the other sucked very bad. Would consider trying Royal Caribbean or a much larger Carnival Cruise ship with more amenities.

Cruise Photos

Almost everything we ate was really good (except for the food offered on the Lido Deck) just wish they had more dining options.
Bathroom was too small, even tinier shower, and had to step up into the bathroom. I tripped everytime I went in there. But the rest of the cabin was a nice size and bed was soft, warm and cozy!
EXCELLENT!!!
Children's Programs I didn't have any kids with me.
Offered more fun activities during the day when the ship was ported and most of the people weren't on the ship. Made no since. Not enough pools and/or jacuzzi's. Couldn't take a dip on the ship.
Don't purchase any excursions from the ship. Over-priced and over-rated. We bought excursion tours for Freeport and Nassau from another vendor online.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Not much to do unless you go to the Garden of the Groves or Port Lucaya Marketplace. Wasn't that impressed with the beach either.
Beautiful buildings. More to see and more to do! ATLANTIS WAS GREAT!!! Beaches were absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Better shopping.

Don't go to the Lido deck for lunch. Long lines and food was over-cooked.