Nice, short getaway

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: July 01, 2013
Ship: Carnival Sensation
I was on the Carnival Sensation back in August 2005. At that time, the ship sailed out of New Orleans, and Katrina hit a couple of weeks later. Apparently, it housed storm victims until 2008, and then it underwent some renovations. The most noticeable changes are the addition of a jogging track, mini-golf course, and a 4-story water slide.

There are no specialty restaurants, such as steak houses. It's mainly your choice of the buffet on the Lido deck, or your assigned restaurant. The food is typical Carnival style. The dishes are neatly presented and taste good.

With this being such a short cruise, there were less opportunities for entertainment. The 80's dancing show on the last night of the cruise was good. Out of coincidence, Wee Jimmy was the cruise director on this cruise. He was also the cruise director of my last cruise a couple of years ago.

The check-in process was great, and our waiters and cabin stewards were helpful. We had a couple of issues that we brought up with guest services, but we were only offered apologies. For example, the on-board tour was cancelled due to not meeting the minimum number of participants. I would have been interested to know how short we were from meeting the minimum.

I have only sailed on Carnival, as to not spoil myself for what the future may hold. I understand that Carnival does not have the best rated ships, and I also understand that the Sensation is an older ship. Despite these facts, I was still happy with the quality of the ship. The length of the cruises that this ship sails are short, so the size of the ship is just about right.

The room was big enough for our needs. It was smaller than I remember, but the last time I sailed this ship, it was with 3 people in the room instead of two.

Pros: The food

Cons: The shortness of the trip

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!