Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

good staff, bad food

Sail Date: January 19, 2014

I've been on many Carnival Cruises in the past and always been happy. Unfortunately I can't say the same for this one. This ship is old and needs renovation. The room had patches where the chair rail had been replaced. They could have at least tried to match the red chair rail. The bathroom always had a sewer gas smell which was not pleasant, but that wasn't the steward's fault. The food was horrible. It was difficult to find anything good in the dining room and I mostly stuck with the salad bar on the Lido.

On the bright side, the staff was friendly and the service was good except in the dining room where it took forever for our food to arrive. Our cabin steward, Dwi, was always very friendly, remembered our names, and kept the room clean. It was a nice touch when we came onboard to be told by several staff "Welcome Home".

Freeport was nice. Nassau was scary. After we got back on the ship we noticed in very small print at the bottom of the Nassau Carnival Fun Times flyer that there has recently been criminal activity toward tourists. Had I known I would have stayed on the ship. I think Carnival needs to make more of an effort to warn people about possbily unsafe ports.

I don't think I will choose the Sensation again but I will probably give a newer Carnival ship a try.