Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Food just ok. Not good choices. My time dining bad experience.

Sail Date: January 05, 2014

Last year between Christmas and New Years we went on carnival freedom. Had a great experience. This year we only had a short time so we chose carnival sensation. Also, we chose my time dining because we had such a good experience last year. We went early every night and we were able to have the same server every night. She was great and there time out entertainment was very good. This year on "elegant night" we were taken out of line and told we could not enter because my husband had shorts on. He had khaki shorts and a nice collared golf shirt on. We were told he had to put long pants on even jeans would be ok. We were in the Bahamas on vacation and that is why we chose the my time. We knew it was elegant night but it had the exact same dress desciption as casual night. No where did it say men had to wear long pants. They finally did let us enter but our service was terrible, like we were 2nd class citizens. There were people in there with white t-shirts and ragged jeans. The whole thing was just very embarrassing so I complained at guest services. The next day we had note under our door saying the issue would be addressed. That was the only thing we heard. No apology or anything. The night happened to be my birthday and really put damper on what we thought would be great night. We probably will not cruise carnival again.

Enjoyed the serenity deck and entertainment.