Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Loved it, but minor room for improvement.

Sail Date: October 20, 2013

The luxury was wonderful, there was always something to do, enjoyed our ports, and as always the food was magnificent! We will be cruising again with Carnival, and I'll be quick to recommend cruising with friends.

We really enjoyed the area marked "Serenity" for 21 and older with padded lounge chairs and a great view from the back of the ship. Well done.

2 areas for improvement.

1) The Big Shows - This was my 5th cruise and me, my family and my wife always look forward to the big production shows. They are a major highlight for us and have always been generally family oriented. Of the two "award winning" shows, one of them ("Curves - I should have known) was much too adult, even noted as PG-13 for "costuming and themes." If repetitive stripping, thongs and sex positions are new part of cruise entertainment then it really curbs my enthusiasm of recommending to friends and returning as a family. If these things are necessary then have them at different times, but leave the major shows to be family oriented.

2) Service at dinner - My wife and I were blown away by how many tables each waiter/waitress has to manage at a time. With that kind of multitasking, it must be incredible tough to mentally be focused when standing in front of a table. However, we didn't have one waiter that seemed present with us while ordering, only distracted and generally disinterested. It probably isn't any one person's fault, only a lack of staffing.

*Note: a waiter by the name of Silviu was excellent. He was never our waiter but attended to us in passing and really made an effort to make a connection. Good guy.

Children's Programs n/a

The hang-out spot "Serenity" was a great local to relax and get away from the crowds.