This was my last Carnival Cruise

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 17, 2013
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Number: U37

The last time we went on Carnival we said we would not book again, but alas, some time has went by and we found ourselves looking to go again.  Carnival had the date we needed so we figured with all the past problems Carnival has had that surely they would have stepped up their game.  Sadly, this was not the case at all.  The food was ok in the dining room, but on the buffet most items that were meant to be hot, were at best room temp, and often cold.  Even had the pleasure of biting into a stuffed mushroom only to find that it was frozen in the middle.  The entertainment was interesting.  The first show did not start until 10:00 p.m.  I summize from the PG-13 warning in the flyer, and the late start time, it was going to be a doozey - and it was.  It was definitely on the sexual side.  I saw a few leave.  It was ok, but less than what I was hoping for.  The next night's entertainment was pretty good, but seemed to squeeze in some overly sexual scenes w/ the Purple Rain rendition that was not necessary.  My last disappointment was my husband bought a soda card for the trip.  For some reason he just never could get his soda to arrive by the time our dinner would begin.  The first night it came as they came to take dessert orders.  The 2nd night, a little better, almost when he finished the main course.  On a bright note, the ship was clean.

This certainly will be our last Carnival Cruise Line.  I can tell you we heard much discussion amongst the other cruise goers with similar complaints as ours.

I'm thankful to hear a German cruiseline is coming into my home port of Tampa.

food was ok, issue with soda card - see main comment.

Not good and overly sexual - unnecessary.

NA

There were a few smiles, but most looked to be discontent.