Never again

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 12, 2013
Ship: Carnival Sensation
This was my first cruise. The transportation to and from the cruise ship was fabulous! However when I got on the ship I had no idea where to go or how to get to my cabin. When I did find my cabin it was difficult to know how to get where I wanted to go.
The food was terribly average, nothing to write home about. The wait staff in the exstacy dining room are were superb! Very polite and polished. The buffet staff were another story. I was treated rudely by a girl making hamburgers the last night of the trip. She was insulting and belligerent towards me. I was in shock to be treated that way especially on a cruise ship!! If I thought it would have done any good I would have told the Maitre D' if I could have found him!
The shore excursion through Freeport consisted of a trip to the perfume factory and then through a plaza that used to be the "hot spot" of the island. Stores were vacant, windows smashed out, fountains out of order, overgrown with grass. You felt if you were alone you would have been mugged around the next corner. We went to the brewery after that which was good and the samples were very liberal with very good beer.
The main show entertainment was good and the dancers put in a lot of hard work and it showed. However; the piano bar was extremely disappointing. The pianist pounded on the keys as if he was beating a garbage can in a back alley ghetto someplace. There was no feeling for the music- just loud! The rock band was depressing and had a look that they could care less if they were there or not.
I purchased a watch at the "big" on board sale. The "barker" was so hopped up on getting people excited about the sale and the watches as if he was selling something great. I paid $19.00 for it but after examining it, half the features did not work and were only for show! It was a cheap watch not worth $5.00. I took it back for a refund.
Overall I was bored with the cruise and if my experience with Carnival is typical of all cruises then I will never again go on a cruise. I will say the ship was very clean and they work hard to keep it so.

average food, buffet was poor to average

bored, not much to do

n/a

Was insulted by buffet worker

Very clean but lacked on board activities.

very clean! My steward was great!
Very busy place. Lots of things to buy in the straw market.