Okay for first time cruise

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 07, 2013
Ship: Carnival Sensation
I went on this short cruise just to see if I would get sea sick or not. Lots of dramamine helped.

The room was okay, clean, and well tended to by the cabin stewards.

The wait staff at dinner was absolutely amazing. Dinner the first night was good, but the following 2 nights went downhill quickly. Buffet and grill foods were average. Glad you had the ice cream/frozen yogurt machines because the desserts were not very good. Cookies were. The iced tea was absolutely horrible. It looked more like pepsi it was so dark.

The shows and entertainment were good. Only complaint is that each of them started 10-15 minutes late. I went to the Thomas Kincade class, if you want to call it that, where a gentle gave an overview of his life and painting style. That was really good. The guy talking about Kincade and the painting gave a good presentation.

I'm not old, so love music and bands, but some times music in the pool area was just way too loud during the day. You couldn't even having a screaming conversation with the person sitting 2 feet away from you.

As for the casino, I only spent about $300 and could have spent significantly more because I love to play craps, but the lack of good ventilation from all the smokers made me not want to stay in there at all.

Service amazing! Dinner food went down hill after first night. Buffets were ok.

But always started late.

Amazing staff in all areas.

Can just tell it's an old ship but still good.

We had a balcony stateroom on the very back of the ship just under the Serenity deck (21 and over only). Nice and quiet part of the ship! Also convenient to food. Short flight of inside stairs to get to dinner, and then 2 short flights of stairs on the outside to get to the buffet area.

Easy to get through but parking is expensive. $20/day
Unless you're going on excursions, it's almost not worth the time to get off the boat.