Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

it was ok

Sail Date: December 20, 2012

The cruise was ok. It was nothing special. The weather in Nassau was cold and rainy which may be typical for this time of the year. The day at sea was simply that - a day at sea. We sailed in circles and then got back to the port the next morning. It was too cold to sit outside most of the day and the last night of the cruise the wind was so hard a good portion of the ship guests were sick. That was nothing the cruise line had any control over. It was our bad luck.

The entertainment on the ship was average. I've seen better shows on other Carnival ships. The ship seemed to be only about half full with guests, so we may not have had the top line performers. All seemed to be second string players. One of the theaters was designed so badly in the balcony section that there were no seats where you could actually see the performing stage without standing up. The seats were so low you couldn't see over the railing. Very poorly designed.

My stateroom was very nice and spacious (as far as ship cabins go) and my steward was very attentive. He even remembered my name when I saw him in another part of the ship and called me by name. Edwin kept my room spotless and the ice bucket filled.

Room service was right on time and correct. The bananas I ordered the first night on the ship were finally ripe enough to eat by the time I got off the ship 4 days later. The muffins were excellent.

In the dining room, the wait staff taking drink orders didn't seem to want to be attentive unless you were ordering alcohol. Others were very attentive and helpful.

The dinner food selection was good overall. The vegetarian entrees were below average the two nights I tried them - not much flavor, dry and over cooked. I wish I had gotten the lobster and shrimp. It was delightful. My son shared a bite or two with me. The cheesecake tasted like a no-bake mix. The chocolate molten cake with vanilla ice cream was heavenly.
very clean. The only area needing cleaning were the seating in the theaters.
Port Canaveral, Florida
not a lot to do if the weather is bad.

If the weather permits, sit on the sundeck for breakfast.