Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

p
Let me start by saying...

Sail Date: September 15, 2011

p
Let me start by saying I have never had a bad experience on a cruise. It#39;s all about what you make it. That said, I had a blast on this one, probably because I was cruising with three other women. We had a great time at the piano bar at night. This was the first time I had your time dining and it worked out perfectly. No rush to get ready for dinner if you were enjoying something else. More relaxing. The food was good, we were surprised they offered escargot the first night (yum).There were issues at times with tables being cleared in the Lido Deck dining areas, but I#39;ve seen that happen on several ships. Nassau was very crowded the day we were there. Another Carnival ship left shortly after we arrived, but the Disney Dream (4,000 passengers) and the Oasis of the Seas (5,000) were also there. We spoke to guests on the Oasis and their itinerary was changed due to a storm in the Atlantic. The building that you go through before exiting to the street was a crowded mess, taxis were few and far between and the straw market had sustained damage from a previous storm and all the vendors had tables and canopies set up along the street. VERY CROWDED, but I have been to Nassau enough times that I walked around a bit and decided to just go back to the poolon the ship. I#39;m not sure Nassau was really prepared for 10,000+ visitors at one time. There is only one pool on the ship and it was filled with children and adults, but we managed to find a spot to cool off. Both hot tubs around the pool were mostly filled with children. Lines at lunch were always long, but that#39;s to be expected at peak times. My cabin was fine, but the other cabin in our party had a horrible smell to it which theroom stewardtried to take care of with not a lot of success.

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

typical oceanview room
all you can eat, how can you complain?
standard cruise shows
drink service in the dining room was slow
love the walking track