Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not at all what we were expecting

Sail Date: October 25, 2012

Carnival can't control the weather. But they knew that the storm was there and detoured our destination, they should have cancelled the entire trip. It was a really rough cruise. The waves were so huge and the ship rocked and rocked. Many people were ill. I even saw staff who were sick from all of the rocking. Not only was it a very rough trip, but then we couldn't port because of the weather and were stuck on the boat for another day.

Pros: The price

Cons: The seas

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

The ship was clean and the employees were very helpful for the most part. The decor is kinda cheesy.
The dining rooms were very nice and clean and again the staff was great. The food was alright. It was nothing special and even if it had been exceptional\, I doubt I could have enjoyed it much since I was so sick from the rocking.
The stateroom was clean and in good repair. It was small but adequate for two people. The bed was comfortable.
Aside from the person at guest relations who was not very helpful\, everyone else that we had contact was spectacular.
Because of the weather\, pools and decks were closed at times. It was cold outside and even colder on the boat (I think to keep people from getting more nauseous. The casino was okay but very smokey. The other entertainment was just alright and didn't seem very well organized. However the entertainment staff were very nice.