Worst cruise experience ever

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 16, 2012
Ship: Carnival Sensation
I was shocked at the overall experience after only being on the ship an hour or so. I have cruised with RCCL and NCL and this ship was so \"dated\". Once on, the service was poor and the food choices were so limited. Definitely a price point cruise from EVERYTHING I experienced...

Some of the worst food I have ever had on a ship...the buffet was horrible. Most days we opted for pizza or the deli line because the other choices were so limited. This is one aspect of a cruise where I want to be \"wowed\" and I wasn't at all....not even in the dining room.

I was not impressed with the level of entertainment. This is especially true after experiencing entertainment on RCCL and NCL. Clearly those two lines know how to entertain. Beyond the \"entertainment\" at night with the shows\, there didn't seem to be much else to do. The pool was so small that if you didn't get out there by 10 then you really didn't enjoy the pool as it filled up with people that for the most part were hung over from the previous night's activities or least that's the way it seemed. The water slides were a plus and for my daughter and I we loved them.

This is one area they excelled and my kids couldn't talk enough about the programs. In fact most days/nights they wanted to hang out doing activities with the new friends they met on board.

Again\, another area where I want to be \"wowed\". Room service was terrible and items were constantly left off the order. Most were friendly and especially our waiter Roy. His service was above average but everyone else's was so bad that it ended up being average for the most part.

Very dated and after being supposedly refurbished not that long ago....

Our rooms were on the empress deck at the front of the ship with port hole windows and from the moment we opened the doors we were overcome with the smell of someone who had smoked in it previously. We tried several times to get Carnival to resolve the issue and they didn't. My wife has severe allergies and this just made it worse. It was especially noticable when the ship was stopped and in port. We found out later that above our room is a smoking area so therefore we had to endure that the whole cruise....

Pros: The kids enjoyed Camp Carnival\, Circle C and O2 programs

Cons: Just about everything else

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.