Carnival never again

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 03, 2012
Ship seemed outdated. The kid pool area with waterslide was fun, but rest of ship was pretty mediocre. This was my 4th cruise but my 1st time on Carnival and was very unimpressed. The entertainment was poor and the theatre itself was nothing extravagant. The service in the dining room was extremely slow and the wait for the food was not worthwhile. I had high expectations for the dining room and I would prefer going to an Applebee's or TGIFridays than eat that food. The staff seemed highly unprofessional, for example during a comedy show I observed 3 staff standing by the bar and drinking cocktails. My experience was definitely not helped by the fact that the one day at sea we were stuck in cloudy/stormy weather the entire day.

Service extremely slow. In the dining room I waited 10 minutes with an empty glass and had to ask the server to refill my water. Waitstaff was not very personable. The buffet area did not have many options, except the deli was good. Overall food was disgusting. I was excited to try the Sushi Bar. How could you screw up a California Roll? Well, Carnival did it. I would take grocery store sushi over that sushi.

I am not a comedy person but the comedians onboard were pretty hilarious. The Carnival shows were very tacky. I did enjoy the Love & Marriage show because the cruise director was hilarious. I also enjoyed the hip hop dancers onboard as well as the art auctions.

They were highly unprofessional and service was extremely slow. Though I do give kudos to the cruise director Jimmy. He was very enthusiastic and humorous.

Needs to be udpated. First thoughts were it looks very 80's.

Stateroom was average. I was pleased with the size of the shower compared to other cruise lines. However I did notice a dead fly on my bathroom sink for over 3 days.

Pros: Art Auction

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.