Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Relaxing - Just what I needed!

Sail Date: May 13, 2012

The embarkation and debarkation processes were extremely efficient, fast, and convenient.
Overall, the cabin was comfortable, the food was good, and our overall experience was good. We knew we had several days on the cruise ship and didn't have to worry about rushing to experience things.

Pros: The cruise itself

Cons: Drink prices and onboard entertainment

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

The condition of the ship was good. All areas were clean and well-maintained. While the toilets appeared clean, they all (throughout the ship and in the cabin) smelled a bit like port-a-potties. That was a bit of a turn off, but also understandable.

The layout of the ship was a bit challenging at times. There are certain areas that you have to get to in a roundabout way; the ship probably could've been better designed.
I was a bit disappointed in the food. Leading up to this (my first cruise), I've heard great things about the food on the ship. I found the food quality and taste to be average. It was nice, however, that you could order whatever you wanted in whatever quantity you wanted and it's all included in the price of the cruise.

The alcoholic drink prices are a bit high. I know that's mainly how cruises make their money, but wow! The bar waiters were a bit annoying, too, constantly circulating and asking if you needed a drink, often when you still had one!
All of the staff members onboard were pleasant and friendly. One bar waiter, in particular, served us on the first day of the cruise and remembered our names all the way through the end of the cruise! We ran into him each day, sometimes a couple times a day, and he always greeted us by name! Given the amount of people he's sure to have served, both during our cruise and the many others he's worked, it was quite amazing.
The comedian we saw was hilarious. I would've liked it if his show lasted a bit longer. The shows were subpar. I went to one early on and left about 5 minutes later. I ended up seeing the last show, which was okay. The best part was the hip hop/break dancers which only accounted for about 5 minutes of the show. The singing was alright at best and the dancers need a lot of work on technique and synchronicity.

The "Fun Day" at sea was okay. Better programming is needed.
The size and amenities in the stateroom were good; overall, it was comfortable and easy to get to. We particularly appreciated the free use of the in-room safe. It was comforting to know that our passports and valuables were safe.