Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not Happy, won't pick carnival again!

Sail Date: April 01, 2012

We were not happy with our cruise. The boat was very clean, but old. We were on the Empress level, our room and hallway smelled like sewage almost every day of the cruise. WE did tell staff, but the smell was still there.

We were astonished as the high prices. Carnival charges you for absolutely EVERYTHING. The excursion prices were outrages, we ended both days buying a $5 taxi and finding our own way around the islands. On just one exercusion for 3 people, we saved almost $300 by catching a $5 taxi and buying our own water park passes at Atlantis.

I fell and hurt my hands and knees. I went to customer service and I was offered bandaides, but I had to pay for them. Really?

The food was great and all Staff Members were very plesant and always helpful.

Pros: staff was very plesant

Cons: our room smelled like sewage and we were "nickeled and dimed to death"

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

Carnival Sensation is a very old boat, but it was well taken care of by housekeeping. The worse part was the sewage smell in our room and hallway! the smell appeared at all odd times, one morning at 6am we have to leave our room, the sewage smell was making us sick!
our room and hallway smelled like sewage
my on is 13 and had a great time, he loved joining the teen club and had a blast every nite!