Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Cruise!

Sail Date: March 11, 2012

I went during my spring break but even during spring break it never was too crazy of a party scene because the amount of family's evened it out which was a plus! I recommend that if you plan to take any excursions, to purchase them off of the ship because thru the ship you will most likely be upcharged since it is through carnival.

Pros: The staff is very friendly. The room was much more spacious then expected. The food was very good and there always seemed to be some kind of activity to participate in on the cruise for free!

Cons: The buffets always seemed to be closed whenevr I wanted to actually eat. The alcohol is very expensive. Also the gratuity wasn't explained very well, it seemed as though you were only paying 11.50 per night per room but it ended up being per person. (For our specific cruise was 46 a person in our

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

I definitely recommend to get a room without a balcony as ours (oceanview) seemed more spacious than the balcony rooms I saw. If you want to be outside that bad then walk down the hall to the deck!
The staff was always SO polite and friendly. They were great about suggestions and tips about each port we stopped at.
There was always some kind of activity or show happening on the ship and was always well worth it and very funny/entertaining!! A few of my friends competed in some competitions on the pool deck and had a GREAT time.
The ship was very spacious and very nice! There were a ton of people on board but I never felt too crowded. Also on the first day they were repainting certain sections of the ship so we got to stay in Freeport, Bahamas for 3 extra hours ;)
The food was absolutely AMAZING in the formal dining rooms!! The other food throughout the ship was great too but the times were always kind of odd for whenever I was hungry but as long as you keep track of the time of the buffets by following the itinerary pamphlets you get each morning, then you will be fine!