Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A fun adventure

Sail Date: November 20, 2011

The only reason I give this cruise a "3" is because I was on it with my whole family to celebrate my parent's 50th anniversary and we had fun regardless. After boarding the ship I felt like everyone was trying to get more money out of me (except our excellent dinner service group). This feeling lasted the entire trip.

Pros: Rooms and dinner service

Cons: Music too loud on Lito deck throughout cruise, hokey MCs, Maitre'd "shows" during dinner, wine package miscommunications

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

Clean the ship before embarkation. The signature Carnival smokestacks are covered in diesel soot and windows have so much salty spray on them (at embarkation) that I can barely see out them.
Stateroom was wonderfully sized for my wife and I. Stateroom service was wonderful.
Food on this ship was excellent. Our dining staff was excellent. Katty in particular, was the most helpful person on the entire ship. Drop the whole Maitre'D circus shows during dinner though!!!
Average at best. Stateroom service was great and reserved dinner service were great. Katty was AWESOME! Bar service was really good at Mirage Bar, but they were limited by bad data distribution of "Wine Package." When I buy a wine package in Formalities, I shouldn't have to go to a dining room and guess that I am supposed to ask them for coupons, which they are hesitant to give out anyway. Seriously...everything else is registered on my little blue card. When I buy a "wine package," just put it into the ship's database that I have a wine package instead of making me carry around a receipt and then little coupons. Oh, and lower your wine package price!! Holy COW!
This is a tough one to judge. There was one incredible live band called Celebration and another great musical show called Superstar. Great music! The shows in the Fantasia lounge were almost sad. I couldn't sit through a single one of them. And then the last evening the big show happened and everyone brought their kids in to see it and, mere seconds before the show started, an announcement was made telling us all that the show was "PG13" for wardrobe. Thankfully, all children in our group under 17 were pulled out immediately because nearly naked people on the stage (seriously...string thongs) were not "PG13." Try "R" or maybe even single X.
Nassau was a fun port and we had the unique opp to spend 23 hours there! Great beaches (mind the broken glass) and really nice people.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Not too impressed with Freeport.