Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Well-Spent Vacation

Sail Date: July 01, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Not a newer ship but well maintained and super clean! All the bathrooms were scrubbed every hour - quite a feat.This was my first cruise with the grandkids and I am happy to report that we will probably be repeat visitors. The room service was impressive, the steward friendly and outgoing.

Pros: Kids Programs

Cons: Buffet long lines

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

The kids preferred pizza and ice cream, so I'm not the best judge. We only used the dining room once. Buffet choices were enormous but the lines were very long while people debated over the choices.
The "big shows" were not very family oriented. I expected better for a family cruise. The other activities: music, bingo, hip-hop lessons, trivia questions, etc. were fun. The Motown Trivia was especially fun for us baby boomers.
Very clean bathrooms and common areas
A bit small for four of us, but the room layout was excellent
Very friendly and amiable staff
The grandkids went every day and loved it. I was VERY impressed with the level of interaction between the staff and the many children who showed up each day.