Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Much better than expected.

Sail Date: August 01, 2011

I have heard many negative statements about Carnival cruises, but I was very pleased with our 3 day cruise, even though Irene had us diverted from Nassau to Key West. I was most impressed with the robes and the free bathroom toiletries. Both of the musical shows were superb.

I have cruised with another company and found their food to be much better than on the Sensation. The lines for the buffet were really long and the food was just average. There was not enough variety. The buffet pot roast and the rotisserie chicken were divine. The desserts and pastries were just average. It was nice to be able to get pizza and ice cream 24/7. The mixed drinks were sensational.

The service crew were accomodating but didn't go out of their way to make you feel special. The ship itself is beautiful and well kept.

Pros: The amenities in our stateroom and the shows

Cons: the food

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!