Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A complete letdown!

Sail Date: June 01, 2011

Having sailed with Carnival on the Legend in 2008 I was very excited to be taking my boyfriend on his very first cruise. Sad to say it was hell in comparison to my previous experience and I was trying hard not to compare or complain as I wanted him to enjoy his first experience but once he started making comments about how rude the staff was and how incompetent people were and how filthy the buffet dining room and outdoor tables remained I knew it wasn't just me! On "elegant evening" I ordered the prime rib which came with a baked potato...but NOTHING on it and of course no one asked or offered. There was never anyone around to ask for assistance in the dining room when you needed a refill or maybe a piece of bread. Has Carnival lowered their standards??

Pros: The company

Cons: The ship stunk, was dirty, staff was rude

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

The food was fine, not great but edible.
The stateroom was fine, we enjoyed having the porthole windows and it was nice to have our room cleaned every morning and evening
No one kept us informed of anything except how we would be leaving the ship once we got home.
The outdoor tables were what bothered me most as we wanted to dine outside for breakfast and lunch. The tables were empty but filthy!
They were just rude. Every time we had a question it was as though we were bothering them but no one told you anything!