Prefer Royal Caribbean

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 01, 2011
Ship: Carnival Sensation
Cabin Type: Suite
Small ship, not much of a promenade, although it was refurbished it was still outdated (couch in suite appeared to be from the 70's), jetted tub did not appear to be very clean around jets (bleach should be ran through the jet to ensure cleanliness)

Even the food in the dining room was not anything to write home about

Stateroom attendant was wonderful & also the waiters & waitresses in the dining room were great. However, in the buffett, they were definitely less than accomodating. Sign stated omelettes here, but nobody acknowledged I was standing there for about 5 minutes. After I spoke up, I was finally told I needed to get into another line.

Certain elevators only went to certain areas, you would have to go up 2 floors & then come back down one on another elevator to get where you were trying to go

We paid plenty extra to have a suite, stateroom could have been updated more
Went to Port Lacaya Marketplace & Beach. Be prepared to be pay for a lounge chair & constantly bombarded by locals selling t-shirts, etc.
Took the ferry to Atlantis & walked through the "dig" on the tour. Next time, I would probably take my own transportation next time & pay for a full day unlimited pass once at the Atlantis, not through the crusie line.

Cons: food, service

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.