Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Prefer Royal Caribbean

Sail Date: May 01, 2011

Room Type: Suite

Small ship, not much of a promenade, although it was refurbished it was still outdated (couch in suite appeared to be from the 70's), jetted tub did not appear to be very clean around jets (bleach should be ran through the jet to ensure cleanliness)

Cons: food, service

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

Certain elevators only went to certain areas, you would have to go up 2 floors & then come back down one on another elevator to get where you were trying to go
Even the food in the dining room was not anything to write home about
We paid plenty extra to have a suite, stateroom could have been updated more
Stateroom attendant was wonderful & also the waiters & waitresses in the dining room were great. However, in the buffett, they were definitely less than accomodating. Sign stated omelettes here, but nobody acknowledged I was standing there for about 5 minutes. After I spoke up, I was finally told I needed to get into another line.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Went to Port Lacaya Marketplace & Beach. Be prepared to be pay for a lounge chair & constantly bombarded by locals selling t-shirts, etc.
Took the ferry to Atlantis & walked through the "dig" on the tour. Next time, I would probably take my own transportation next time & pay for a full day unlimited pass once at the Atlantis, not through the crusie line.