Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Spring Break Cruise

Sail Date: April 17, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I cruised on the ship 2 years ago and was impressed with the food at that time. Our previous cruises had been on RCL and it's been years since we cruised on Carnival. This time, the food was probably the worst we've had in 10 trips. I was surprised about this. We heard several people complain about the food. Our Balcony room was very small, no mini refrigerator or a sofa, this was a first for us not to have these 2 items in a Balcony room.. The child's bed was nice, it looked like part of a headboard when put up. Overall for what we paid for a Balcony room, we were disappointed, sorry to say.

Pros: being on the cruise

Cons: disappointed in food several times

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

Disappointed in the dinners, although they had a killer mango tart! The Servers seems tired, which I'm sure they were. Not as personable as they normally are.
Balcony room was very small, no sofa or mini refrigerator,. this was the Upper Deck
My child (10) went one night on party night from 10 to 12:20 and by the time I picked him up, he was the only one there at his age, other than that there were 4 toddlers laying on blankets, watching TV, it's pretty expensive. Other times, I allowed my child to hang out and play with kids his age, outside the Kids Kamp
Most of the staff was very friendly, there were a couple of them that couldn't give us info on the Kids Kamp or even the location
Atlantis Park was a lot of fun but very expensive excursion.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Snorkling via the catamaran was nice, the spot we were taken to had tons of colorful fish.