Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A relaxing cruise with many cons

Sail Date: April 07, 2011

I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere, the food, the gym, the beautiful atmosphere. But they do need to update the ship and the shows on the ship...much of the shows/games were old and time for something more modern.

Pros: I enjoyed my stay in my room with the balcony/shopping/dinner

Cons: I did not like the small time shops in the port, should have had more upscale shops

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

Ship is beautiful, it is a huge ship, but it needs more modern decor, it was always clean and many of the areas were always accessible.
The dining food in the self assist areas were average. The servers of the food did not seem that enthused to serve or to be there. They almost appeared agitated.
Did not appear to be as happy or approachable. Most walked around with a stone face as if they were not pleased to be working there or to be serving/greeting or helping anyone much. Almost appeared to be agitated at the guest presence.
Needed more updated shows and better comedians. The two young dancers they had made the cruise fun and upbeat. Really enjoyed seeing their talents...they get an "A" plus!! They were awesome!!!
My room was alwyas clean, comfortable and in excellent condition, I had a balcony...it is the only way to go. Very relaxing.
Did not care for it at all!! No upscale shops like in Cancun or Cozumel. Did not want to venture to the shops outside of the port, just did not feel safe, went back to the boat.